The following are general specifications recommended for a 40' X 400' breeder pullet house with a dropped ceiling and 7 1/2' side walls:
- A minimum of 96,000 cfm of tunnel fan capacity. Open ceiling houses may require additional exhaust fan capacity and/or air deflectors to obtain the desired air speed.
- Desired air speed 300 ft/min or better
- Fogging system capable of reducing incoming air temperature by a minimum of 8°F
- Enough side ...wall inlet area evenly distributed throughout the house to be able to operate two 48" fans or equivalent
- Light traps installed on fans, tunnel and side wall inlets must have a light reduction factor of at least one million.